What To Expect the First Visit
We look forward to meeting you at your first visit to Donaghey Orthodontics. During this time, we will help you get acquainted with our office and learn about your orthodontic treatment. We understand that each patient’s orthodontic treatment is different, and we promise to give you the personal attention you deserve. Your first visit will consist of an initial examination and a discussion of your potential treatment options and oral health. This important visit will allow Dr. James Donaghey to determine if this is the right time to begin treatment.
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What sort of orthodontic problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin orthodontic treatment?
- What type of orthodontic treatment is indicated?
- Do any teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
- What are the payment options?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Study models of your teeth.
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings.
- Doctor’s studying the diagnostic records and determining the best course of treatment.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. A member of our team will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignments from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable!
What Does my Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- Diagnostic records
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign. It includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions.
- One set of final retainers upon completion of treatment.
What Doesn’t my Investment Include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
We are available to serve you, answer questions or schedule an orthodontist appointment during the following hours:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (patient hours)
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Emergency care outside of these hours is always available.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.