What To Expect the First Visit
We look forward to meeting you at your first visit to Donaghey Orthodontics. During this time, we will help you get acquainted with our office and learn about your orthodontic treatment. We understand that each patient’s orthodontic treatment is different, and we promise to give you the personal attention you deserve. Your first visit will consist of an initial examination and a discussion of your potential treatment options and oral health. This important visit will allow Dr. Donaghey and Dr. Oliver time to determine if this is the right time to begin treatment.
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What sort of orthodontic problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin orthodontic treatment?
- What type of orthodontic treatment is indicated?
- Do any teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
- What are the payment options?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, Diagnostic Records may be needed and if time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Study models of your teeth.
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings.
- Doctor’s studying the diagnostic records and determining the best course of treatment.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. Our Treatment Coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignments from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable!
What Does my Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- Diagnostic records
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign. It includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions.
- One set of final retainers upon completion of treatment.
What Doesn’t my Investment Include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- Replacement retainers or repairs to non-removable retainers.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, your out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If your plan does not offer the assignment of benefits, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
We are available to serve you, answer questions or schedule an appointment during the following hours:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Patient hours)
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Admin. hours)
Emergency care outside of these hours is always available.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays. Your cooperation and consideration is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.