Dr. James Donaghey is an orthodontist who specializes in correcting the misalignment of teeth and jaw growth. This means he is a dentist who has completed an advanced post-doctoral degree, accredited by the American Dental Association, of at least two academic years in the specialty of orthodontics.
Dr. Donaghey graduated Magna Cum Laude from Loyola University and is a graduate of the University of Alabama School of Dentistry. He continued his specialty training at St. Louis University Department of Graduate Orthodontics, where he received his Master of Science degree in Dentistry and was co-recipient of the J.P. Marshall Award as an outstanding orthodontic resident. Dr. Donaghey is a member of the following professional groups:
- the American Association of Orthodontists
- the Mobile Area Dental Society
- Alabama Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Alabama Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
Dr. Donaghey, throughout his orthodontic career, has been very proactive in donating his time to the Mobile community:
- He served all offices, including president, of the Mobile Area Dental Society and the Alabama Association of Orthodontists.
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Southern Association of Orthodontists and is currently a Delegate to the American Association of Orthodontists.
- Served on the School Board and Parish Council at Corpus Christi Parish in Mobile.
- Worked on the Catholic Charities Annual Fund Drive for over 25 years, serving as Archdiocesan Chairman of the Catholic Charities Fund Drive, 2005.
- Served on the Board of Education of McGill-Toolen Catholic High School and the Archdiocesan Board of Education.
- Is a member of the Hall of Fame of McGill-Toolen High School.
- Is a member of the DuBourg Society of Saint Louis University.
Dr. Donaghey and his wife, Joanne, have four children and six grandchildren.